The Wedderburn Development Association held its AGM for 2016 on Wednesday 26 October at the Wedderburn Community Centre. The following office bearers were elected:
- Greg Deimos (President)
- Julie Benaim (Vice-President)
- Lynne Habner (Secretary)
- Frank Peiffer (Treasurer)
- Alison Hargreaves (Public Relations Officer)
- Dale Jackson
- Patricia Lee
- Thomas Jackson
- Geoff Maxwell
- Leigh Randall
- Tammy Martin
The 2016 Annual Report was tabled and adopted by all members. The Annual Report can be read online by clicking here.
Minor changes were agreed to the Constitution, they included:
- the inclusion of the word “live” in the Purpose – this insertion was made to fix an omission from the earlier Constitution.
- removal of any reference to the Wedderburn Ward Councillor being a required position on the committee – the committee felt that it had no authority to require the Ward Councillor to hold a formal position on the committee. The position has no voting rights and was excluded from a quorum count. The Ward Councillor is an invitee to all meetings and as such provides a report on the progress of Council projects affecting Wedderburn. The amendment also removes any conflict of interest that may exist between the Wedderburn Development Association and the Loddon Shire Council.
- clarification of “quorum” – this modification was made to explain that a quorum includes both “executive” and “ordinary” members of the committee.
The Constitution can be viewed by clicking here