Want your own unique town entrance sign?
Then this is for you!
The Wedderburn Development Association is moving to deliver two more items from the 2015 - 2016 Wedderburn Community Plan:
- Establish town entrance signs depicting Wedderburn's unique environment
- Establish Wedderburn's uniqueness by defining and establishing a brand
The WDA believes these two items are linked and should be completed together.
So what do you think?
How would you like the town to be identified?
Branding a town is very important. It is an opportunity for the community to take control of its identity, sending a strong message about the Wedderburn story.
Don't put the catchy phrases and logos first, think about Wedderburn's competitive and distinctive nature. What does Wedderburn have that other towns don't? In coming to your answer avoid sentimentalism, be realistic and remember, you must be able to deliver what you promise. In other words how would you describe Wedderburn to the world?
Is it gold, first discovered in 1852 and still being found today, or agriculture, the generations of families working the land producing sheep and wheat, and more recently canola, or is it the flora and fauna that you would like to be identified by.
- What do you want Wedderburn to be known for?
- How can Wedderburn stand out from other towns and be more competitive?
- What thoughts and feelings should come to mind of people when exposed to the Wedderburn name?
- How can Wedderburn build its heritage and authenticity?
"Build it and they will come!" (Field of Dreams movie).
Getting to this stage in the development of town entry signs the WDA has:
- undertaken the development of a Community Plan where the notion of the signs was raised
- written to the Loddon Shire Council and VicRoads seeking information about the erection of unique town entry signs
- had meetings with representatives from both the Loddon Shire and VicRoads.
When the following items have been completed the WDA will again approach Council and VicRoads seeking approval:
- The town brand identity.
- Description and visuals of the proposed signs.
- Size of the signs.
- Cost of the signs.
How can you input into this process?
Thank you to everyone who submitted their ideas in 2015, they will be considered along with any new ideas received.